Saturday 22 July, 2006

Back in July 2006, Sarah Anne Hargreaves and Damian Patrick Robinson legally (and finally) got married. This is a brief record of just some of the comings and goings to the big day(s). Thanks to everyone who made the days so special.

Friday's Joke

After deciding that life would be more fun if I had a pet, I went to the pet shop and told the owner that I wanted to buy something unusual.

After some discussion and persuasion, I finally bought a centipede - which came in a little white box to use for his house.
I took the box back home, found a good location for it.

I decided that I would start off by taking my new pet to the pub to have a drink. So I asked the centipede in the box, "Would you like to go to the Beer Cellar with me for a drink?"

But there was no answer.

This bothered me a bit, but I waited a few minutes and then asked him again, "How about popping out for a quiet pint?" But again, there was no answer from my new pal.

So, I waited a few minutes more. Thinking about the situatio, I decided to ask him one more time. this time putting my face up against the centipede's house and shouting, "Hey, in there! Do you fancy a cheeky Stella?”

And then a little voice came out of the box, “I heard you the first time - I'm just putting my f***ing shoes on!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home